Become an Investor
The Shasta EDC Strategic Plan is supported financially by over 40 private businesses, the County of Shasta and the Cities of Anderson, Redding, and Shasta Lake. Shasta EDC is a result of private/public collaboration initiated by the Economic Development Corporation. The Shasta EDC Business Plan focuses the efforts of the EDC in 4 key areas:
- Economic Diversity
- Higher Wages
- Preservation of Lifestyle
- Wealth Creation
The Shasta EDC Investors Directory (PDF) lists prominent area businesses and organizations who provide support with investment dollars, along with the cities of Anderson, Redding and Shasta Lake, and the County of Shasta.
EDC Vision Statement for Shasta County
To work toward building a Globally Connected Innovative Region for Manufacturing and Technology that provides strong competitive advantages for business and attracts Entrepreneurs.
Mission Statement for Shasta EDC
The EDC of Shasta County is a 501C3 Public Benefit Corporation focused on growing, diversifying and maintaining a balanced economy, leading to more economic stability and sustainability for our region.
- Balanced Industry - Work towards a diverse mix of small to midsized companies that will create a balanced economy as measured by sector type.
- Job Creation - To make job creation the center of all recruitment and expansion projects.
- Economic Vitality - Using our natural resources as a competitive advantage to create an economic vitality in which business has the maximum opportunity to thrive.
- Use the Shasta Metro Enterprise Zone - advantages to assist business in expansion and job creation.
- Develop a Target Marketing Plan - maintain a marketing network nationally and internationally using organizations that can cost effectively connect us to potential sectors that fit our region.
Area of Responsibility and Focus
- Economic Development
- Company Recruitment
- Company Expansion and Retention
- Entrepreneurial Development
- Competitive Vitality
- Capital Resources
- Workforce Development
- Regulatory Assistance
- Business and Tax Incentives
- Special Projects
- Investor Relations
- Coordinate annual investor meeting
- Provide annual reports comparing goals and accomplishments
- Provide monthly electronic newsletters
- Provide personal presentations to Investors and staff as requested
- Brown Bag round table lunches held at the EDC monthly for investors to drop in and discuss the region. One Leader from the region is invited each meeting.
- Investor Directory
- Utilize Investors in recruiting and retention activities
- Provide access to EDC research where appropriate
- Provide Website linkage from the EDC website
Contact us to explore how you can contribute to economic development in Shasta County.
Have A Question - Let's Talk Like What You See? - Request A Proposal