- DATA &
- TRANSPORTATION &
- SHASTA EDC
The City of Redding has two major sources of drinking water: surface water and groundwater. The Sacramento River and Whiskeytown Lake provide customers with 71% of the water they use. This translates into approximately 5.61 billion gallons per year. The remaining 29%, or 2.32 billion gallons per year, is groundwater which comes from 14 wells drilled into the Redding Groundwater Basin. Two treatment plants output a combined 31 million gallons per day and have expansion capabilities of 70 million gallons per day.
Water for the City of Shasta Lake originates from Shasta Lake through intake ports located in Shasta Dam. The treatment plant’s maximum output is approximately 6.7 million gallons per day.
The City of Anderson's water system consists of three separate systems containing a total of nine wells, a booster pump, and two reservoirs that deliver 2 million gallons of quality drinking water daily to City residents.
City of Redding Wastewater Utility consists of the Clear Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant, Stillwater Wastewater Treatment Plant, Collection Division, 17 lift stations, approximately 423 miles of collection mains, approximately 7,000 manholes, and the Industrial Waste Division pretreatment program. The Clear Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant average dry weather flow is 7.5 MGD and average wet weather flow is 30 MGD. Projects include a major plant upgrade with wet weather flow enhancements. The Stillwater Wastewater Treatment Plant average dry weather flow is 3 MGD and average wet weather flow is 9 MGD. Projects include Outfall Diffuser Repair and Plant Expansion.
The City of Shasta Lake’s wastewater treatment plant is designed to treat a dry weather flow of 1.3 MGD. Wastewater is pumped to the plant from pump stations located throughout the city’s sewer collection system. The plant utilizes an Activated Sludge form of treatment and consists of several treatment processes and structures.
Anderson operates and maintains a modern Class IV, 2 MGD, tertiary wastewater treatment plant. Wastewater is conveyed to the plant by gravity and four pump stations through a system of pipes (38 miles) to the plant. The plant operates under strict waste discharge requirements permitted by the California State Water Resources Control Board.